As a Veteran, you know the importance of home.
To thank you for your service, HOMESTAR offers VA loans to provide Veterans the opportunity for homeownership. Our knowledge combined with exceptional service leads to a successful homebuying journey for our deserving Veterans.
What Is a VA Loan?
VA loans are guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Referred to as a “government” mortgage, VA loans are available to Veterans, Reservists, Active Duty Personnel, and surviving spouses of Veterans (based on military entitlement).
Advantages of VA Loans:
- No down payment required
- 30-year and 15-year fixed loans
- No monthly mortgage insurance premium
- Limited closing costs
- No prepayment penalty
Determine Your Eligibility for a VA Loan
You may be eligible for a VA loan if you meet AT LEAST one of the following requirements:
- You have served 90 total days of active service during wartime or 181 continuous days of active service during peacetime.
- You served less than 90 days of active service during wartime or less than 181 days of active service during peacetime if you were discharged for a service-connected disability.
- You served six creditable years in the Selected Reserve or National Guard.
- You are the surviving spouse of a Veteran who lost their life while serving or as the result of a service-connected disability, and you have not remarried.
What about a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)? A COE shows that you are VA-eligible, and this can be obtained from the VA online or by mail, or we can assist you with securing it.
VA Refinance Loan Options
VA IRRRL (Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan)
Do you want to reduce your monthly mortgage payment or make your payment more stable? A VA IRRRL may be the right choice for you! VA IRRRL is available for those with an existing VA-backed home loan.
Advantages of a VA IRRRL:
- Lower interest rate for a lower monthly mortgage payment
- Move from a loan with an adjustable or variable interest rate to one that’s fixed for a constant payment
- Option to roll closing costs into the total loan for little or no out-of-pocket expenses
- No appraisal, few documents needed, and flexible eligibility requirements
Note: You must prove that you currently live in or used to live in the home covered by the loan.
VA 100% Cash-Out Refinance
Are you ready to remodel? Pay off debt? Lower your interest rate? You may be able to with a VA 100% cash-out refinance!
Advantages of a VA 100% Cash-Out Refinance:
- 100% cash-out refinance (including funding fee)
- 640 minimum credit score
- 45% max debt-to-income ratio
- 30-year term
- $1,000,000 max loan amount
Not certain if you may qualify for a VA loan?
HOMESTAR’s Mortgage Loan Originators are available to discuss all of the VA guidelines and ensure you get the perfect loan to meet your needs.