1. Make sure you have a plan. Make a list of the renovations that you want to make. Do some research and try to make an estimated budget for yourself.
2. Think small. Sometimes a project can seem huge, but break it into small updates to increase value and efficiency, which can make the project a lot easier to handle.
3. Find a professional. Getting a professional remodeler to consult with can help make sure you avoid costly mistakes in your remodel, saving both time and money.
4. Expect delays. No project goes perfectly. When you start your project it’s exciting, but you may encounter snags along the way. Knowing that they’ll happen and putting money in the budget at the beginning will help you overcome any issues when they arise.
5. Have somewhere to stay. Depending on where in your home you’re remodeling; bedroom, bathroom, or kitchen, make sure you have an area set up that can serve the purpose of your space while it’s not in working condition.
6. Save your stuff. Make sure that before you start a remodel you pack away any breakables in or around the area; the last thing you want is to have to fix things after you’ve remodeled.
Better Homes and Gardens. 15 Tips for a Successful Remodeling Project. Online. Website URL: https://www.bhg.com/home-improvement/advice/15-tips-for-a-successful-remodeling-project/. Accessed August 21, 2018.
This Old House. 21 Ways to Save on Your Remodel. Online. Website URL. https://www.thisoldhouse.com/ideas/21-ways-to-save-your-remodel. Accessed August 21, 2018.