Here’s a look at 20 inexpensive ways to refresh your home:
1. Add indoor plants as they are not only great at bringing some color into a room, but they can also increase oxygen levels and purify the air.
2. Transform the look of your kitchen or bathrooms by swapping out the hardware, replacing the door handles, or adding a peel and stick backsplash.
3. Mix things up by changing out photos and wall art – use your kids’ artwork!
4. Instead of completely replacing your bathroom floors, paint and stencil a new design on them or install peel and stick bathroom tile.
5. Create a statement wall in your living room or bedroom by stenciling a playful pattern, painting it your favorite color, or installing prepasted wallpaper.
6. Brighten up your space by switching out the light bulbs and/or light fixtures.
7. Rearrange the furniture that you have or spruce them up with a new coat of paint.
8. Freshen up a room by changing out the window treatments.
9. Enhance the feel of your dining room or living room by adding an area rug.
10. Paint the front door any color you’d like – a pop of red or gorgeous teal!
11. Add some texture to your master bedroom by reupholstering your headboard.
12. Update the dated outlets and switches in your home by changing the plate covers to a bright white.
13. Paint your bathroom vanity or kitchen island a beautiful, rich color.
14. Depending on the season, swap out pillows, throw blankets, and bedding.
15. Go shopping at local thrift stores, yard sales, or flea markets and purchase unique objects like baskets, vases, pitchers, lamps, trays, and more that you can decorate with.
16. Make any room feel bigger by adding a mirror.
17. Add curb appeal by planting flowers, shrubs, or trees.
18. Spruce up the back panel of your bookshelves by adding colorful wallpaper or painting them a solid color.
19. Add floating shelves to your living room or bathroom to create visual interest.
20. Repaint/restain the front porch and/or back deck.
By putting in a little time, effort, and money, you can make your home feel new again. Have fun trying out these ideas!